Idaho Falls Power Recognizes Anheuser-Busch for Energy Efficiency Award
22 July 21
(Idaho Falls, ID) – Idaho Falls Power is proud to recognize the Idaho Falls Anheuser-Busch Malting Plant, one of their largest industrial customers, for their efforts to help increase enIDF AB Logoergy efficiency and conserve power.
The plant was recently recognized by Governor Brad Little as a 2021 recipient of the Governor's Award for Excellence in Energy Efficiency. The award recognizes facilities or organizations that demonstrate commitment to energy efficiency through efforts to significantly reduce energy consumption.
According to Idaho Falls Power Specialist Jason Bird, Busch Agriculture removed 102 of their 400-watt metal halide, high bay lights as part of their efforts to reduce energy consumption. The company then installed 24 new, 185-watt, light emitting diode (LED) high bay lights. As a result, the plant was able to gain more lighting with less fixtures resulting in an estimated savings of 271,966 kWh's annually.
"We are always happy to work with our customers to help them conserve energy," said Bird. "Busch Agriculture is a great example of just how much one company can do when they are committed to looking at energy efficiency. Their efforts saved over 270,000 kWh's with this project alone. That's a big savings both in terms of energy usage and energy costs."
For more information on the Idaho Awards for Leadership in Energy Efficiency, visit https://oemr.idaho.gov.
Media Note: For more information on the Idaho Awards for Excellence in Energy Efficiency, contact John Chatburn at 208-232-1660 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Idaho Falls Power, or to schedule an interview with staff, please contact City of Idaho Falls Public Information Officer Bud Cranor at 208-612-8306 or at email@example.com.
- History and Public Power
- Generation & Power Statistics
- Utility Publications
- Contact Us
- News and Updates
- Idaho Falls Power Completes Major Upgrade
- Idaho Falls Power Energy Resource Advisory Committee
- Idaho Falls Fiber Welcomes ConnectFast to the State’s Largest, Open-Access Fiber Network.
- Idaho Falls Power Wins Multiple Awards for Customer Communications
- Idaho Falls Power Recognizes Anheuser-Busch for Energy Efficiency Award
- Idaho Falls Power Offers Simple Tips to Help Stay Safe, Save Energy in the Heat
- Idaho Falls Power to Conduct Microgrid Test
- 2021 Electric & Fiber Construction
- Sugarmill to Paine 161kV Transmission Line